Thursday, January 14, 2010

Short GBP/USD at 1.6329

I recently established a short GBP / long USD position, mostly based on technical analysis indicators. The MACD indicators in the GBP/USD are overbought on the 4hr, 2hr, and 15 minute charts. Further, the chart is right at the neckline on a head & shoulders pattern on the daily chart. The blue line on the chart below represents my entry point, and coincidently, is the neckline of the head and shoulders. The red line is my stop loss order. Aside from tomorrow's CPI numbers, no relevant economic data is coming out in either country. However, I do expect the CPI to move the currency market tomorrow, so I'll be closely watching it tomorrow. I expect to be out of this position by tomorrow afternoon.





Overbought on the 4hr

No comments:

Post a Comment